Saukrapids Minnesota History
Sauk Rapids is a thriving city of more than 1,000 people in western Minnesota, located on the banks of the Mississippi River. The city of 13,250 began life as a single-family home in 1851 and has since bordered the Minnesota-Wisconsin border, making it the fastest growing region in Minnesota and the second largest in North America.
The Sauk Rapids - Rice School District has a strong reputation in Minnesota for strong leadership and vision for the future. The school district, with more than 4,000 students, is the largest public school system in Minnesota and the second largest in North America.
Bauerly Companies, based in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota, stands for "Bauerly, Inc., the world's largest manufacturer of high-tech industrial equipment. The Rapids is one of the state's best hydroelectric power plants and there are plenty of opportunities for residents to enjoy the mighty Mississippi River and ride a bike. It remains a popular destination for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and snowmobiling, as well as a great place to live and work. With a population of over 2,000, it is rapidly becoming the second largest city in Minnesota after St. Paul and the third largest in North America.
The Bauerly brothers bought the block and merged into a public limited company, and in the early 1950s the blocks were redivided and the Bauerley brothers were bought out.
The Price Brothers had built the Balsam Wood Dam and Balam Rapids the year before and had set up their headquarters at Crooked Lake, just a few miles south of Hanson Lakes. In 1888, they began a long series of "Hanson Lakes" dams, which they maintained for seventeen years. Most of the tribes went down the Prairie River and Mississippi to the C.A. Smith Mill in Minneapolis. The railroad was built across Crookes Lake and the log was dragged into the lake and then swam up the prairie river to Mississippi near Minneapolis, then up to Minneapolis and back again.
After returning to his home state, he came to Sauk Rapids in the fall of 1856, spending several years there, as well as in Iowa and Illinois, then went to St. Louis, Missouri, stayed two years, spent 18 months in Florida, and then returned north to be in Grant County, Wisconsin, until 1861. After a recent horrific tornado in Minnesota, Erasmus Cross of Sauks Rapids had several carloads of ham in the depot ready for shipping on the road. There he maintained a salon until 1864, where he stayed for a few weeks in St. Cloud and St. Joseph and was removed from there. He lived here for the remaining thirteen months and worked as a sales representative, but then stayed in Missouri for another two months and returned to Sauk Rapids. In 1868 he returned north, this time in Grant County, Illinois, and in 1869, before returning a little over a year later, in October 1871, to, among other things,
He was the captain of a steamship and followed his sea - and followed his life from 1850 to 1852, when he went to New York City and worked in the transportation industry. He then returned to Lake Chaniplain and settled in Iowa, where he lived until 1840, and ran a farm for the Winnebago Indians near Fort Atkinson until his arrival in Minnesota. Hello 1848 , then went to Chicago, returned to St. Louis, Missouri, until he came back to Minnesota in 1857, located in the district of Wabasha. After the fires of 1872 and 1874, he returned north, this time to Illinois, returned to Lake Chani plain, but then returned to St. Cloud and Sauk Rapids for a few weeks in 1873, 1875.
In 1854, new steamboat technology enabled people from the South to travel to Minnesota for spring and summer vacations, and in 1858, 62 boats reached Sauk Rapids. The Duluth-Winnipeg Railroad reached Grand Rapids the same year that John Beckfelt built his new store, and more settlers soon followed. This small village was considered a destination for the people of the north, as the end of this line was quite soaked in the rapids, and so the city was named "Sauk River Rapids" after the river and its tributaries.
In 1858, a plant was opened in Albertville, Minnesota, followed by another in Duluth in 1859 and finally in Grand Rapids in 1861. He saw what he could do to help those suffering from the cyclone and made sure that it could happen so that the cyclone victims were relieved.
The most promising effort was led by Sauk Rapids Water and Power, which was chartered in the 1860s and submitted a plan to build a dam in 1872. In 1869, the prairie lake and Wabana Lake came under the control of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, and in 1873 it was surveyed.